On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 22:43:03 UTC, Johnson Jones wrote:
Well, I use Visual D and not sure if it can use rdmd(I'm sure it can be hacked)

I don't know.

because people cannot cut ties with the past and learn from their mistakes. Do we even need to separate the linker and compiler?

Like I said though, a lot of D's corporate users see this as being a major feature for their productivity. So it isn't quite as clear cut that one way is better than the other.

But Walter has said he is interested in doing an integrated linker and getting benefits from it, just that's a lot more work than it sounds like and he has a lot of other things to do...