On Friday, 11 August 2017 at 13:06:54 UTC, aberba wrote:
How would you do it if you were using vibe.d?

Depends on who wants it built. I do consulting, so let me answer that way.

"I don't want to think about ops and scalability and availability at all!" Then you'll have to pay a premium for someone else (like Heroku) to do that for you. It may or may not be worth it for you, but you can't have it both ways.

"Okay, I've thought about it bit. I can use a shell, 100k non-asset requests per day sounds like a lot, and I guess a few minutes of downtime isn't so bad if it's occasional and I can schedule it to outside hours." Sounds like you can just host it on a VPS with all the important data on managed (backed-up) storage (like RDS or S3 in AWS) and possibly with a CDN in front.

"I don't think either of those options fit my needs."
Okay, let's talk about what your needs are.

About S3, there's not a lot you'd need to do with S3, right? I'd just write the library or wrap the command line client.