On Sunday, 13 August 2017 at 00:42:08 UTC, Manu wrote:
On 13 August 2017 at 00:15, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d <
[ ... ]

If you're keen to introduce a new function, I'd strongly suggest changing to {1} {2} {3}, or %1 %2 %3, format/printf functions where you don't supply the place index are useless a lot of the time and need to be rewritten, which is a tedious task.

I am not too keen introducing a new function, given that it most likely won't be accepted into phobos.

However your suggestion is indeed a good suggestion.
The check would then see if the number of args are equal to the max index. And it would check that all indices from 0 to maxIdx are used at least once.

Thanks,
Stefan