On Friday, 18 August 2017 at 09:09:47 UTC, Don Clugston wrote:

Secondly, exception handling in windows is practically undocumented. Certainly it's not documented in a single place. When I began to implement it, I feared it might be impossible. There isn't any guarantee that exception chaining can actually be implemented on all platforms.

I had actually tested the above on Windows with DMD 2.075.1 and got the expected behavior, not the buggy behavior.

I invested quite a lot personally in implementing chained exceptions. But I agree with you. I was actually quite proud that I worked out the nasty corner cases during the initial implementation. As far as I can tell, problems with chained exceptions are not because of bugs and implementation issues, but because of problems with the concept itself.

I think it's just a bit too clever.

Do you mind pointing me in the direction of where chained exceptions are explained?