On Wednesday, 23 August 2017 at 09:12:19 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 at 16:28:43 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
class Test
{
ubyte[] buf = new ubyte[1000]; // thread local storage, instances in the same thread refer to the same static array
}

Dynamic initialization is done by constructor:

[...]

It's also unambiguous as to how it works.

I am aware, as I have pointed out the same in the above, but the post you quote is explicitly not about dynamic initialization (i.e. the result of new points into the heap), but about static initialization (the result of new points into sections of the binary format). Specifically, it's about static initialization done for variables put into classic global storage (e.g. ELF sections .data/.bss) and variables put into thread local storage (e.g. ELF sections .tdata/.tbss).