On Friday, 15 September 2017 at 15:45:56 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Friday, 15 September 2017 at 14:45:01 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:

Note that instead of introducing the "lazy" modifier here, we could just modify static imports to be lazy which would mean no new syntax and every benefits from the feature without changing their code, that is, if they are using static imports :)

That DIP already has a section titled "Alternative: Lazy Imports" that discusses this idea, also in context of static imports.

Lol, that's exactly what I was suggesting :) Thanks for pointing that out.