On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 08:27:26 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 29.09.2017 03:51, Jerry wrote:
I miss ref variables, for the simple fact that using the square brackets with a ref variable doesn't access the pointer. Don't know how many times I've accidentially used a pointer as an array. Not very easy to catch especially if the object has pointers to other objects of the same type. Possibly adding something like this, if ref variables are off the table?

@noarray int* value;
value[x] = 10; // compile error, pointer is not an array.

void main()@safe{
    int x;
    int* value;
    value[x]=10;
}

Error: safe function 'D main' cannot index pointer 'value'

Need it in unsafe/trusted code though.