On Monday, 9 October 2017 at 14:11:13 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
We in the UPB dlang group have been having discussions about the hashing functions of associative arrays. In particular, we were wondering why is the AA implementation in druntime is not using the hash function implemented in druntime/src/core/internal/hash.hashOf for classes that don't define toHash().

For us, that seems to be a very good default hashing function.

Further, I haven't found any instructions on changing the default hash-digest for `hashOf`. Is this in conflict with `hashOf` being `pure`? Could the interface to builtin AA's be extended to support changing the default hash algorithm (which in turn `hashOf` will use) upon AA instantiation?