On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 11:17:09 UTC, bauss wrote:
On Monday, 9 October 2017 at 18:52:03 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
On Monday, 9 October 2017 at 17:44:12 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Monday, 9 October 2017 at 17:19:42 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:

Printing the container
type, address and length would be most useful default IMO (but in a better looking way than what we have now for std.container.array).

That's your opinion though; IMO I'd rather have the elements printed by default.

It's all subjective and thus there's no real reason for one or the other.

FWIW I tried to propose a `dump` function one year ago [1].
There has never been a great interest in it though as while using `writeln` is a bit annoying (e.g. no spaces, no variable names) apparently all core people got used to it already ;-)

If someone considers to add a pretty printing method he/she, this new symbol could also be very useful for single elements too (and thus gain chances in its acceptance).

[1] https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4318#issuecomment-241819997