On Monday, 16 October 2017 at 00:25:32 UTC, codephantom wrote:
D's overview page says "It doesn't come with .... an overriding philosophy."

Is philosophy not important?

I'd like to argue, that the problem of focusing on getting the job done quickly and reliably, does *not* leave behind maintainable, easy to understand code, but rather it leads to unintended outcomes ...

If the philosophy of C, is 'the programmer is in charge', what might the philosophy of D be?

e.g. Maximum precision in expression, perhaps?

It's not very catchy, but I would say "Genercity, productivity and performance all at once".