On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 at 07:32:05 UTC, aberba wrote:

I have gone through all the threads and none of the comment argues why we REALLY need Elvis in D. Seem to me like some kind of "language peer influence" or something.

It can be done as a library and using ternary works (more expressive). The problems we need to be solving ...I'm gonna cry :( ...we aren't talking about.

I'd say add canonical versions of the relevant functions to Phobos first and then if really popular add to language later.