On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 at 13:47:19 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 22.11.2017 05:55, codephantom wrote:
No, the question should be, what can the compiler prove to be true/false, correct/incorrect about your code, and what effort have you made in your code to assist the compiler to make that determination.

If you've made no effort to provide the compiler with the context it needs to make a useful determination, then don't complain when the compiler gets it wrong. That is my first point.

My second point, is that it is already possible to provide such context to the compiler, without having to make reference types non nullable, and therefore having to introduce a new nullable reference type.

It's really not.

Your arguments need a little more work.