On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 17:24:47 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 05:01:58PM +0000, bachmeier via Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
The things you want - a perfect out-of-the-box Windows experience, where you can make requests for others to do the things you want - is not what D has to offer.

While I agree that in an open-source volunteer project like this one, it doesn't make sense to go around telling others what to do (it's their own free time, they get to decide what they like to work on), I think the bit about a perfect out-of-the-box Windows experience is something that we can and should work on, even if we may never get there, given our current manpower. Reducing unnecessary barriers like this will only benefit us in the long run. I don't think it's a good idea to just give up on it or ignore it.

And AFAIK, there *are* some people working on improving Windows support, though progress is slow because of limited manpower. (And there's where more volunteers to step up to the plate would help expedite things.) So IMO it's unfair to say that D has absolutely nothing to offer on this front -- it's not perfect yet, but we're getting there!

Not sure what happened to my response...

Improving the Windows experience is definitely a good thing. The Windows experience is not yet what it should be, and that's where you either have to do the work or
pay someone else to do the work.