On Sunday, 19 November 2017 at 04:44:24 UTC, Meta wrote:
On Friday, 24 March 2017 at 16:34:46 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 20:16:00 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
git rebase master my_branch
git checkout master
git merge --no-ff my_branch

Yes, that's about what we aim for, rebase w/ --autosquash though, so that people can `git commit --fixup` new fixup commits to open PRs w/o leaving noise behind.

https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot/issues/64

Requires a local checkout of the repo which the bot doesn't have atm.

Did we come to any consensus on this? I ran into a dilemma with https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5577 where I added a couple fixup commits, and now I don't want to merge until somebody rebases it because the history will be polluted with those extra commits. Also, looking at the PRs linked in this thread, I see that they're still open so AFAICT there is no clear solution.

This is an important issue; rebase workflows are standard practice;
http://kensheedlo.com/essays/why-you-should-use-a-rebase-workflow/
https://help.github.com/articles/configuring-commit-rebasing-for-pull-requests/