On Sunday, 4 February 2018 at 09:04:41 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 04/02/2018 8:49 AM, Robert M. Münch wrote:
On 2018-02-04 08:41:04 +0000, rikki cattermole said:

"It doesn't need to be concurrent, since Lua states are completely independent."

Single threaded simplifies a lot. So no, not useful.

Well, I wouldn't be able to judge that fast from a single line in the text, if the concept can/can't be tweaked/extended. That's why I added "for inspiration" to the subject...

Really we ought to use Boehm, as the newer versions can be generational&incremental.

Not really you can’t - first check the API to understand that without manually placed (or injected by compiler) safepoints it doesn’t work.

It is potentially quite a lot better than our version of it.

It might be.