On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 14:56:31 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
ooh better last sentence

D's GC implementation follows in the footsteps of industry giants without compromising experts' ability to realize maximum potential from the machine.

That's been said over and over and the message has not gotten through. With a pay for what you use approach the GC is just as available as it is now, and yes, I completely agree it's very useful and that the reaction to it is ludicrous. This is an illogical argument that we've lost so needs a new approach.