On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 09:34:01 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
Don't see how that's remotely as common as "*/" in a C-style-comments codebase or commenting out something at the sub-statement level, like a function argument, type modifier or sub-expression, but hey, I guess if you have instances of that all over most functions in your codebase, then, yea, I guess disabling code with /+ +/ would be pretty nasty.

I have a few subexpression comments due to language bugs, so function signatures are temporarily changed, it's just version(none) never failed for me.

Comments don't respect even lexical structure of commented code that you expect, version(none) does.

Uhh, you do know that IS nesting, right?

It's not a comment though, it disables code on semantic level way above raw character stream level, that's why it works better, also it's often one liner.

And is far less widely supported by editors?

If you want it be bound to a shortcut, many text editors support invocation of external tools or text snippet expansion.