On 02/09/2018 04:48 AM, Kagamin wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 09:34:01 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
Comments don't respect even lexical structure of commented code that you expect, version(none) does.

Uhh, you do know that IS nesting, right?

It's not a comment though, it disables code on semantic level way above raw character stream level, that's why it works better, also it's often one liner.

You seem to keep going back and forth on whether you like nesting or consider it a mistake. Hard to keep up.

And is far less widely supported by editors?

If you want it be bound to a shortcut, many text editors support invocation of external tools or text snippet expansion.

I meant syntax highlighting. I've given up on binding the comment/uncomment mechanism I want to key shortcuts: Dealt with too many editors that have too much trouble with something that should be so simple, wheras just plain typing works in nearly any editor. Which is all the more reason I don't use version(none) to disable code.