On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 15:37:12 UTC, Ralph Doncaster wrote:

I think you are proving my point. You say there is no difference between:
const MAX_IN = 20;
vs
immutable MAX_IN = 20;

So now I have to try both, and look at the generated code to be sure.

Or read the docs:

https://dlang.org/spec/const3.html

p.s. I prefer const since it is easier for C/C++ coders to understand. Using immutable invites the coder to go down the whole rat hole of trying to understand how is it different than const.

It's not a rathole. The document page above explains the differences rather well. They only happen to be identical when initialized with compile-time constants.