On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 18:21:55 UTC, Bo wrote:

[snip]

* scope() .. just call it "defer" just as every other language now does. It only confuses people who come from other languages. Its now almost a standard. By using scope people have have no clue that D has a defer. Took even me a while to know that D had a defer system in place.

I don't like any of your points, but this one stuck out...

D has had scope for years. I searched the change log and found it going back at least to 2007. What language had defer before 2007 that D could have possibly copied from?