On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 05:47:10 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

Was once on my together with other OS memory manager functions, but postponed the work indefinetly.

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1549

If someone is willing to revive that I’d gladly assist with review.

Lastly on Windows it would need FlushCpuCaches call before executing new memory.

And ofc JIT is cool, but it would be more cool to have sane interpreter that doesn’t leak sooner. Simply put JIT is x5 work due to different architectures and seeing first-hand how it goes I’m not sure we want that in our compiler yet.

Since dmd is only targeting x86/x86_64 there is really just one arch to support for now. All the others can fallback to either the interpreter or generated c code compiled into a shared lib :)

newCTFE already provides a very low-level IR that should be trivially translatable to machine -code. (famous last words :o) )