On 2/18/2018 5:39 PM, Manu wrote:
Incidentally, why on earth are peoples personal email addresses even
in the mail header?

That's usually configurable. Most people set it so it's a fake address.

It should be impossible for gmail to reply-all to
peoples private emails, because they shouldn't be anywhere in the
message to begin with.
I'd be pretty upset that the forum is leaking personal details like
that... sharing your private email in a public channel is a choice
that should be left to each user, and carefully controlled.

I find it kinda hard to accept responsibility here when I use the
worlds most popular mail client in it's default configuration... This
is a problem that should be fixed in the forum software.

It's your mail client that is doing it. Not the NNTP software.