On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 12:45:25 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

string creater() pure {
        return "void func() {}";
}

mixin(creator());

That is why. There are plenty of functions, classes and structs that simply won't exist in the form of syntax until you execute CTFE.

I think I'd fire anyone that wrote functions in that way ;-)

perhaps what I had in mind was a lot simpler.

fn string creater() pure {
        return "void func() {}";
}

so now I'm just looking for lines that begin with fn. the mixin doesn't matter.

the only reason I thought of this annotation thing, was so I could grep a source code file and count how many functions it had in it. this seemed the easiest way ;-)

at the moment, that's just not possible - as you mentioned, you need a front end to process that kind of information (unless you have an annotation).