On Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 12:11:18 UTC, JN wrote:

Right now, there is no place to share projects being work in progress. Even if they never go anywhere, it could generate some nice activity. General is more for language related issues. Announce works pretty much only for finished projects. Anything under ecosystem doesn't work because it's for specific types of projects - compilers, IDEs and GUIs.

I have no objection to a new forum section. The more people post about their projects and development experiences, the better. I will point out that we have a discussion of this in our subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/7y6mku/whats_everyone_working_on/

I would like to have more of those threads in the future. Our not-so-active subreddit makes the language look dead. We can't even keep up with languages like OCaml and Fortran on Reddit.