I will probably not be able to make it to DConf this year. But here are some tips for those who are interested in history and / or sight-seeing:

City center (1.-6. are in walking distance):

1. http://www.bier-und-oktoberfestmuseum.de/en/#welcome
A really great experience. It seems very samll at the start, but it goes four or more floors up (in a very old building) and there's loads to be seen about the history of beer in Munich and the Oktoberfest. There's also cosy restaurant / bar in there. Order Augustiner Edelstoff (draught).

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Michael's_Church_(Neuhauser_Stra%C3%9Fe%2C_Munich)
https://www.st-michael-muenchen.de/index.php?id=297
Here is where King Ludwig II is buried (the one who built Neuschwanstein Castle (the "Disney Castle", you know)). Admission free to the church; to enter the family vault it's €2-4.
To see one of the beautiful castles in Munich goto: 7.

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asam_Church,_Munich
https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g187309-d242775-Reviews-Asam_Church-Munich_Upper_Bavaria_Bavaria.html
A must see for all everybody who likes beautiful Baroque churches. It's a master piece, really (admission free as far as I know)

4. http://www.residenz-muenchen.de/englisch/tourist/index.htm
Where the kings used to stay. Also in the city center; multilingual descriptions (with headphones) available. There's an admission fee. Bring loads of time!

5. http://www.muenchen.de/int/en/sights/churches/church-of-st-peter.html Right in the heart of Munich, next to the food market, surrounded by cafés and restaurants. If you walk up the 299 steps you get a lovely view of Munich. (admission some €2 or €3)

6. https://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/hofbraeuhaus.html
If you want a beer and a brezn and typical Bavarian food, and you really want to go to the must-see-touristy thing: go to the Hofbräuhaus.

7. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphenburg_Palace
http://www.schloss-nymphenburg.de/englisch/tourist/index.htm
Not exactly in the center (it used to be the outskirts of town). There's an admission fee (€12 or so).

Also check out the Deutsches Museum - for all the engineers and tech-freaks!
http://www.muenchen.de/int/en/sights/museums/deutsches-museum.html

And here's an overview of all the sights, pick and choose (and maybe you should book for a week ;)

http://www.muenchen.de/int/en/sights.html

PS I'm not working for any tourist organization.