On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 12:39:24 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
Hi, folks!

I’m testing waters for a D course at one University for first time it’ll be an optional thing. It’s still discussed but may very well become a reality.

Before you ask - no, I’m not lecturing and in fact, I didn’t suggest D in the first place! Academics are finally seeing light in the gloom of 1 year OOP in C++ course having underwhelming results.

Now to the point, I remeber Chuck Allison (pardon if I misspelled) doing D lectures at Utah Valley University, here:

There is also Ali’s book. But anything else easily adoptable as course material?

Dmitry Olshansky

Carl Sturtivant taught a course using D at the U of Minnesota:
Maybe he can give you some information.

Adam's book would work well for teaching, because the examples are short yet practical, and the only overhead is putting a file or two inside the directory and compiling.

If you want to teach about templates, this is an excellent resource: