On Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 14:49:17 UTC, Ali wrote:
On Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 11:16:37 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 March 2018 at 12:52:19 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
An article comparing the above languages as per the DoD language requirements [0].

http://jedbarber.id.au/steelman.html

[0] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelman_language_requirements

Rust has by far the most support for the functional programming paradigm.

I wonder how they concluded that.

Atila

While I dont know Rust, it didnt come to me to question this claim knowing that Rust is generally advertised as being influenced by OCaml, and knowing that there is a long history between Rust and OCaml

The first Rust compiler was in fact written in OCaml if I remember correct. You can even find it in the history of the github repository.