On Sunday, 1 April 2018 at 13:37:43 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
One issue is that postblit constructors fundamentally don't work with const. The problem is that a postblit constructor works by copying the object and _then_ mutating it, and you can't mutate a const object.

I'm not so sure if that's fundamental. Can't we just say that the copy is head-mutable at the time when the postblit function is called, and it only becomes fully const after that?

The destination can't be const/immutable already, or you wouldn't be able to write there anyway.