On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 at 06:10:10 UTC, David Bennett wrote:
I was thinking about messing with the GC in my free time just yesterday... how hard would it be:

[snip]

The idea is it works like it does currently unless something is invisible to other threads, Or am i missing something obvious? (quite likely)

Forgot to mention that a non-thread local mark/sweep would still scan all thread stacks and pages like it does currently as a thread local could hold a pointer the the global data (ie a copy of __gshared, void*).

The only why I can think of to break this idea is using cast() or sending something to a C function that then does and adds pointers in global data to the thread local stuff...