On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 08:48:26 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

Is D wthout Phobos useful for IoT or should one stick with C,Lua, and MicroPython? Is IoT an opportunity for D or is it a false direction given D is an x86/x86_64 oriented programming language?

Using D for programming ARM Cortex-M 32-bit microcontrollers is one of my primary interests for learning and contributing to D.

https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo

When 2.081 arrives at LDC, I'll hopefully get that demonstration working with LDC.

-betterC is not necessary, but you have to be selective about which features you use in D. Some parts of Phobos could be used, but they'd have to be selectively pulled out of the source code.

Mike