On 07/10/2018 04:58 PM, Manu wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 at 03:50, RazvanN via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

Hi everyone!

I managed to put together a first draft of the DIP for adding the
copy constructor to the language [1]. If anyone is interested,
please take a look. Suggestions and comments about technical
aspects and wording are all welcome.

Thanks,
RazvanN

[1] https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/129

I feel there's some things missing.

1. Explain the need and reasoning behind `@implicit`.

Razvan: I think it would help to explain that the attribute is necessary to avoid changing semantics of existing code. Thanks.

3. In C++, copy constructors and copy assignment operators come in
pairs (which is totally lame!), but we don't see that same pattern
extend here, and it's not clear at all why.

The proposal does not affect or interfere with opAssign in any way.

4. Given the special rules where assignments are lifted to
constructions, I want to know when that occurs (maybe that is already
spec-ed wrt postblit?)

What special rules are you referring to? Thanks.