On Thursday, 12 July 2018 at 22:24:19 UTC, Luís Marques wrote:

Right. Hopefully there aren't too many weird cases once that is generalized to other corners of the language. I also never used REPLs for major development, only for debugging and minor tests, so I don't have experience with that style of development where you code everything in the REPL and then save the whole state, which makes it harder for me to evaluate how important certain REPL features are.

I primarily use REPL's for prototyping. It just makes some things much easier. So for instance, I can load up some functions and libraries and data and then run a bunch of different statistics models without needing to compile everything again. I can also plot everything as needed without needed to compile everything all over again.