On Friday, 3 August 2018 at 18:52:13 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

OK, so you don't like it... because of its name?
Did you even bother reading the links that I posted? The term Finalize is commonly associated with OOP languages such as java and C#, while the term destructor is associated with C++. D has both of them. There has been some talks about splitting them.

It doesn't actually call any GC functions, it just loops through destructors and calls them all.

Then you should know where the implementation of finalize is located at, or am I looking at the wrong code here?