On Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at 07:57:29 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
For a while now GDC and LDC have supported a variety of their backend's attributes, like inlining or compiling a specific function with SSE4 in an otherwise generic x64 build.

I think we should unify those into a common core.attribute, either aliasing or replacing the vendor specific symbols. They don't need to be functional immediately. There are two things that I see need to be discussed.

I couldn't agree more.
It's awkward having to write such boilerplate code just to get something as common as @inline to compile across compilers. Another example: https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo/blob/d61819015/source/runtime/object.d#L16

And for embedded applications @used, @section(".xy") and @weak would also be useful.