On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 15:25:32 UTC, aberba wrote:
On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 14:31:20 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 13:25:27 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
Then D isn't the right choice for you.

I think it makes for a better community if we can be more welcoming, helpful a gracious instead of responding to criticism this way. This is someone who saw enough potential with D to end up on the forums but had some gripes with it, after all who doesn't? I'm glad he took the initiative to provide us with good feedback, and he's not the first to take issue with the inconsistent '@' attribute syntax. I'm sure everyone can agree this inconsistency is less than ideal but that doesn't mean D isn't right for them and we should respond this feedback like this with thanks rather than dismissal.

That inconsistency is an issue for me. I wish there a clear decision to make things consistent.

Yeah there's been alot of discussion around it over the years, which is why I put this together about 4 years ago:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Language_Designs_Explained#Function_attributes

Gosh I've forgotten how long I've been using D.