On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 07:37:28 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
The other type of answer is "it's being done in the real world". If it's in active use in the real world, it might make sense to support it, even if we can agree that the design is not optimal.

Shachar

Two years ago, I taked part in implementing a commerical game. It was made in C# (Unity) but I don't think that matters, since D would have faced the same thing, were it used.

Anyway, the game has three characters with completely different abilites. The abilites were unique enough that it made sense to name some functions after the characters. One of the characters really has a non-ASCII character in his name, and that meant naming him differently in the code.