On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 at 14:28:48 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 at 14:15:32 UTC, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
template from(string moduleName)
{
  mixin("import from = " ~ moduleName ~ ";");
}

class TestException(T) : from!"std.format".FormatException?

That should work, but it's kind of a big step. In any case, I'll never get a weird hacky template like that through code review :)
That "weird" template is about to be added to phobos.
Since its invention one and a half year ago I use it pretty much everywhere in my code for parameters that otherwise would require a global import. I just wasn't sure if it would work in this place too (that usecase never arose to me). I don't understand, why a standard template wouldn't pass a review.