On Sunday, 30 September 2018 at 04:34:20 UTC, Manu wrote:
Who knows about DIP 1014? (struct move hook)
Is it well received? Is it likely to be accepted soon?

I'm working on the std::string binding, it's almost finished... but
then I hit a brick wall.
GNU's std::string implementation stores an interior pointer! >_<

No other implementation does this. It's a really bad implementation actually, quite inefficient. It could make better use of its space for small-strings if it wasn't wasting 8-bytes for an interior pointer to a small string buffer...

Anyway, I'm blocked until this DIP is accepted; so, is it looking promising?

It's pending a decision from Walter & Andrei, which I hope to hear soon.