On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 08:10:31 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
On 04/10/18 11:05, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 03:06:35 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

[...]

For the love of Pete, that program was an example of how a move hook should work, *not* a demonstration of achieving the DIP behavior without changing the language. I know the example is brittle and have said as much.

The example isn't brittle. It is simply not an example.

If you want to leave it out, however, then I think you should submit an orderly proposal. The changes you seem to be suggesting have consequences that go beyond what I think you understand, and there can be no serious discussion of it while it is not clear from your posts which part of what you say is the relevant one.

Shachar

While I want to thank you both, about the quality of this thread, what kind of "consequences that go beyond what I think you understand" are you thinking of? Can you give an example?

Thanks,
Paolo