On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 18:55:01 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
On 09/26/2018 06:00 AM, Anonymouse wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 at 13:03:30 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
I'm playing with a branch of DMD that would warn on unused imports:

Would just like to say that I love the idea and would use it immediately.

Same here. Periodically, my import lists tend to turn into giant outdated blobs of everything ever used by my project. But pruning them is a major involvement involving many, many cycles of pure trial-and-error. I've often wanted a way to say "Hey, just TELL me which imports are unused, so I don't have to spend half the afternoon manually testing them all!"

Exactly. Even me with my very low usage of D have already been confronted with that. A wall of outdated imports which requires real involvement to clean up. An optional warning to tell which are not used would be already a good step.