On Sunday, 14 October 2018 at 23:28:04 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
But it just occurred to me: There's no reason any ordinary terminal emulator couldn't be written to do the same thing. A setting for a custom regex to look for, another setting for a command to run when the line is clicked on. That should be about it. The user's editor would have to support some kind of "editor --jump-to..." feature, but aside from that...well, why the heck not?

The terminal emulator I've been using (Konsole) doesn't appear to have anything like that, AFAICT. But I'm not really married to Konsole. Anyone know of another terminal with a feature like this?

Tilix supports this. You can define a custom regex and then use the values extracted by the regex to launch an editor to load the file at the right line number.

https://gnunn1.github.io/tilix-web/manual/customlinks/

The screenshot shows a configuration that does this for gedit.