Hi All
Below is the current VK Bandplan  for 20m - There have been changes to this lately
in regard to permitted bandwidths - see below under heading
Item Frequency band
Permitted emission modes

but the basic bandplan still applies

The reason why VK amateurs stop above 14100  for wideband digital - 1khz plus
modes should be obvious

20 Metres
14.000 - 14.350 CW
14.070 - 14.112 Digital Modes (Note 2)
14.070 - 14.080 Amtor, PSK etc.
14.080 - 14.095 RTTY
14.095 - 14.112 Packet Radio
14.100 IBP Beacons (Note 3)
14.112 - 14.350 SSB
14.125 WICEN frequency
14.230 SSTV calling frequency (Note 2)
14.250 FAX calling frequency (Note 2)

Note 2: Modes
"Digital Modes" includes all modes such as RTTY, packet and Amtor, using FSK or PSK and with bandwidths up to
1.12 kHz. The SSB segment can also be used for image transmission modes such as SSTV or Fax, using bandwidths up
to 4 kHz. On 10 metres, the recommended segment for AM is 29.0 - 29.1 MHz.

Item Frequency band
Permitted emission modes

1 3.500 MHz–3.700 MHz
7.000 MHz–7.300 MHz
14.000 MHz–14.350 MHz
21.000 MHz–21.450 MHz
2 28.000 MHz–29.700 MHz
52.000 MHz–54.000 MHz
144.000 MHz–148.000 MHz
430.000 MHz–450.000 MHz
1 240.000 MHz–1 300.000 MHz
2 400.000 MHz–2 450.000 MHz
5.650 GHz–5.850 GHz
Any emission mode with a necessary
bandwidth not exceeding 8 kHz     -   This restriction for HF Section

Any emission mode with a necessary
bandwidth not exceeding 16 kHz   -   This restriction for FM

Les VK2DSG

dshults wrote:
If you are speaking of semi-automatic stations, that's correct.
They too are authorized to operate where you mentioned as long
as the bandwidth is <500 Hz. The last known "rouge" automatic
pactor station that I know of (in the mid west) shut down about
a year ago.

Again I ask, why is that narrow sub band selected? Is it
preferred because that is the only band section authorized for
fully automatic stations on 20 meters? If my math is correct,
this section (excluding 1,000Hz at 14.100) is only 10.6% of the
entire RTTY/Data sub band.

   ... Duane N7QDN

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Ivey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I guess because they are legal to operate there and the same

reasons the automatic station operate in the RTTY and even below sub
bands.

Joe
W4JSI