Hello John,

Glad you succes with Txema. Juts a remark: Pax2 (125 bauds) is a clone of Olivia but with 32 bits frames (as in Contestia), so there are a short set of characters 64 characters instead of 128. This to double the throughput speed. The protocol is a mix between Pactor1 and Packet.

>* How many times will PAX repeat a frame before it gives up? Noticed with Txema that I >would sometimes repeat a frame 3 times before moving on to the next one.
At the present time, the number of retries is fix and equal to 3. After 3 retries and failure, there is deconnection.

>* There appears to be a bug that locks up the computer every once in awhile, can get out >of it by transmitting CQ or simply using the "tune" function.
I'll contact you directly for the details if you don't mind,

>* would it be possible to build a "busy" sensor into the beaconing funtion so that it would >cease beaconing when other stations came up on freq.
The repeater "presence" has already this function (to delay the call when something is heard on the frequency not to disturb a possible QSO). It could be added to the beacon.

>*could this eventually be built into MixW?
The modulation is easy (close to Contestia) and I communicate it to Nick. The protocol is very complex...

>Would be nice to see MultiPSK go to a bunch of drop down menus so the screen is not so busy.
It is question of taste. I don't like drop down menus and I like buttons so as to have all controls always under control (so no need to memorize what it is inside the menus...).

73
Patrick