From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:digitalradio@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of expeditionradio
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:09 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] ALE in Emergency HF use (Re: Another look at A
LE)

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our nets run from 07:00 to 21:00 while deployed with 15 minute
netcalls if
> there is not traffic.  But yes I am aware of ALE's capability.
Rather than
> muting the station with ALE or SELCALL, I would rather be runing digital
> voice with the AOR digital voice modem.
>
> Walt

Hi Walt,

That AOR digivoice system is really nice for single frequency
monitoring. It is almost like a private intercom! But alas, it takes a
big signal to trigger it.
I'm also trying to understand how your net works... do you change
frequencies between 40m and 80m and listen every 15 minutes every day?

Bonnie KQ6XA

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org