I think we need to get away from the idea that different modes can not
coexist (within reason). Consider that many are promoting a change by
the FCC to base the occupancy by bandwidth, rather than mode. At the
very least, you would expect the digital ops to be able to do this.

Typically, I have operated all my non-PSK31 digital modes in the areas
just above the PSK31 watering holes. So for 20 meters, that would be
around 14073 and up. One thing to keep in mind is that if we do move
toward the requirement of BW limitations, the digital modes will be
affected if the wider ones have to move up a considerable distance from
where they can now operate. At this time, one can operate with variable
BW modes (e.g., Olivia), and change BW if conditions warrant such a
need. That will not be possible if the legal BW is narrower in that part
of the band, than the mode is wide. But for right now is entirely
appropriate to operate such modes in the CW/Digital area. At least where
I live, there are often no signals at all in the area just above 14070
to perhaps 14095.

In terms of the First Amendment, I know where you are coming from on
this, but the First Amendment here in the U.S. only pertains to what
government can NOT do to the citizens. Not what the citizens can
privately do to each other. (Not that I approve of what goes on with
some moderation on some groups).

This evening I was calling CQ on 160 on PSK31 but no luck. I happened to
look at the W6RK site and noticed some activity on 20 meters so moved up
there and heard K3UK calling on what I believe was CHIP 64. The signals
were a bit weak and it is not always easy to see the waterfall
characters that were being used to annunciate the mode, but it looked
like CHIP anyway. So I called back and no luck. So then I heard AC7HA
calling CQ on Olivia 500/8 just a short distance away and called him and
no luck:(

So I then called a couple of CQ's on Olivia 500/8 myself and a station
came back. I figured it had t be AC7HA but it was WA3QHJ. His signals
were just at the noise level on the ICOM 756 Pro 2 here (no preamp) and
I was able to print him. We did pretty well for a number of exchanges
and I kicked in both level preamps which helped. We eventually did loose
each other as signals went to zero. I was still able to print him quite
well even with almost no audible tones and and a barely perceptible
waterfall. But when you basically have zero signal, there does come that
time of no printing at all and that finally did happen.

So then I happened to check the W6RK site and noticed some Hell mode on
20 meters and went up there and had a Q with AD6FR, but we did it below
the PSK31 watering hole around 14064 actual frequency.