--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "expeditionradio"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> You can find much more info on set up of PCALE, and general ALE
> operation on the HFLINK group.
> http://hflink.com
>
> 73 Bonnie KQ6XA

Thanks again, Bonnie.  I just submitted a request to join the hflink
group.  I have a few more questions about basic operation using
PCALE that I couldn't find answers for on the hflink web site.

I was listening on 14109.5 today.  Another station called QRZ and my
station automatically answered and set up a connection.  We
communicated for awhile on ALE then moved to PSK on 14070.

What caused my station to automatically answer the QRZ call?

What is the standard protocol?  Are we expected to QSY to another
mode/freq when the connection is established?

What do these acronyms mean and how are they used?
AMD  (general CQ?)
DTM
DBM
MOTD

Under the configuration menu what are the 3 mode options used for?
MIL-STD-188-141
MIL-STD-188-110
FS-1052 Appendix B

Is there a usage guide available on the web site?

Thanks,
Ed

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional