--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Danny Douglas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I dont know why anyone would want to put the PSK signals down at
the low end
> of the 40 meter band, where it has  been customary for CW stations
to work
> for decades. 7.030 is in the lower portion of the 40 meter subband
where all
> the classes can go for CW, and they should not have to share that
with
> digital ops, and vice versa.  I can almost understand it, when
Europe had
> only 7.0-7.1, but with an expansion to 7.1 to 7.2,  Europe and the
US should
> use 7.080 7.100 or there abouts, for digital operations.  It would
act as
> somewhat of a buffer between CW and SSB.  It would also make the
7.125-7.200
> available for simplex operaitions between the US and the rest of
the world,
> getting away from the silly split operation we have been forced
into for
> decades.

Danny,
The lower end of 40m is the only place available for psk, and you are
outnumbered by the number of countries that do operate there.
7070 is a busy phone calling frequency, 7075 is just as busy. No psk
operation is possible.

Why don't we all move above 7100 like you Americans? Good question.
VK has has access to 7300, so why aren't we there?

Sunrise, 6.00am, 1900z, 45 minutes ago. Strong AM broadcasters, in
Russian on 7105, 7110, 7115, 7120, 7130, 7135, 7140, 7145, 7150 (with
Radio New Zealand broadcasting a HUGE DRM signal there later on in
the day, 7155, 7160, 7170, 7180, 7185, 7190, 7200 in Arabic, 7210,
7220, 7240 Radio Australia to the Pacific S9+40, 7255, 7270, 7275,
7280, 7295 (fat chance of HFLink) and 7300.

The noise floor is very high, the signals overlap and the Chinese are
banging away with an OTHR at the bottom of the band. The only segment
that is mostly workable is between 7040-7100. In the evenings it is
crammed with wall to wall JA's and Indonesians. Any QSO's are
fortuitous.

Care to make a sked mate?

Brad VK2QQ