Hello Jose and all,

>But I wonder...isn't it encoded that way, with those coeffcients from
>the image source?
>Because doing it twice will certainly "distort" the image.
>There are two types of pictures Colour or B&W (grey in fact):

 * "Pic:320x256C;" for example for a color picture of 320x256
 dimension whose transmission will last 320x256x3x0,001=246 sec,
There you send the picture in 3 colour plans: Red, Green and Blue

* "Pic:320x256;" for example for a black and white picture of 320x256
 dimension whose transmission will last 320x256x1x0,001=82 sec.
There you transform the picture in 3 colour plans (Red, Green and Blue) to a
picture in grey nuances.
I understand that normally the formula might be
Grey level = 0,333 x Red level + 0,333 x Green level + 0,333 x Blue level

But if you see the result, it is not very nice (a bit too black without
contrast). So it has been determined the magic formula Grey level = 0,30 x Red
level + 0,59 x Green level + 0,11 x Blue level
Of course, it is only a physiological formula, but universaly used.

73
Patrick