This is misinformation that can be harmful to newbies or folks that
don't have the knowledge of about how the two different types of
signals (FSK versus AFSK) are generated.

At the most basic level, if you look at the math involved in
generating the two types of signals, i.e., FSK versus AFSK, you will
see that AFSK has signal components close to the operating frequency
that FSK doesn't have.  These components are commonly called 'opposite
sideband' and 'suppressed carrier'.  Depending on the quality of the
transmitter and the method of SSB generation, AFSK will have these
components more or less suppressed but they are still there.

To say they can not be distinguished means your measurement criteria
and equipment are not capable of seeing the differences.  It doesn't
mean the signals are identical.  That is why there are different
emission designators for the two types of signals.

I will admit that at the most coarse level of examination these two
signals look the same, that is, individual carriers (at any one time)
at a given frequency.  However, a more granular examination will show
that they are not identical.

Jim
WA0LYK