But that still doesn't preclude amateur radio operators from have a place to
store compiled applications for their distro.

There would of course have to be as many major directories as Linux distros and
sub directoried for the various releases of the distro. if the amateur radio
application needed recompiled for the various releases.

But then again, who would provide the repository?

I would hope that someday the ARRL would do this...but perhaps that's too much
of a dream.

Walt/K5YFW